Our website makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest possible level of website accessibility for our users. These include:
- Any and all information conveyed with colour is still readable if a user is unable to distinguish colour.
- Any image used on our website will contain a textual description that will be read out loud within your screen reader.
- Link text or phrases have been rewritten to make sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our website use relative units of measurement. This makes scaling the font-size of our website easier and more consistent.
- We have minimized the use of tables to convey information throughout the site.
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the look and feel of our website. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site will still be accessible to the user.
- We've created relationships with all online form controls with their labels to help out users with limited dexterity and/or visual disabilities.
- All web pages use headings to create a proper document structure.
- To navigate this website, press the 'Tab' key on your keyboard. You may cycle backward through the navigation menus by pressing both the 'Shift' and 'Tab' keys together.
- Use the accessibility toolbar on the top-left of the screen to toggle font size and contrast values.
- Some of our content is in PDF format only. If you require an accessible format of a PDF, please contact us.
- Due to conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide information in an accessible format (for example, our mapping information, some RSS feeds, etc). We will be monitoring these sections, and develop an accessible solution as technology improves.
© 2021 GTA WEST | Site by AECOM