Web Accessibility Statement
GTA West is committed to creating an accessible online environment for all visitors to its web site. If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of our web site, please contact: 1-877-522-6916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our web site makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest possible level of web site accessibility for our users. These include:
- Any and all information conveyed with colour is still readable if a user is unable to distinguish colour.
- Any image used on our web site will contain a textual description that will be read out loud within your screen reader.
- Link text or phrases have been rewritten to make sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our web site use relative units of measurement. This makes scaling the font-size of our web site easier and more consistent.
- We have minimized the use of tables to convey information throughout the site.
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the look and feel of our web site. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site will still be accessible to the user.
- We've created relationships with all online form controls with their labels to help out users with limited dexterity and/or visual disabilities.
- All web pages use headings to create a proper document structure, which can be used by some screen readers. To cycle through the headings on any given web page, press the 'H' key on your keyboard. You may cycle backwards through the headings by pressing both the 'Shift' and letter 'H' keys together.
- To navigate this website, press the 'Tab' key on your keyboard. You may cycle backwards through the navigation menus by pressing both the 'Shift' and 'Tab' keys together.
- Use the toolbar on the right of the screen to toggle font size and contrast value.
- Some of our content is in PDF format only. If you require an accessible format of a PDF, please contact us.
- Due to conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide information in an accessible format (for example, our mapping information, some RSS feeds, etc). We will be monitoring these sections, and develop an accessible solution as technology improves.